Let’s face it. Halters, saddle pads and polo wraps are exciting gifts for horse-enthusiasts, but only for so long. After a while, opening up boxes of the same horse supplies for Christmas and birthdays every year gets old…really old.
So how about a change of pace this Christmas? Why not try something totally new?
It doesn’t mean you have to leave horse stuff behind—we are talking about equestrians here. Just think outside the box and give a non-traditional present that any equestrian will love (and actually use).
Lucky for you, we have just the gift: virtual coaching sessions from RateMyRiding.com.
Rate My Riding coaching sessions are virtual riding lessons with our professional coaches, judges or trainers. Our coaches will evaluate riders’ video or photo submissions and give them feedback on their ride (AKA homework) that will help them improve as riders and trainers and achieve their goals.
Now that’s a unique Christmas present.
Here’s how you can give your horse-enthusiast the gift of better riding:
1. If you live near them, go out to the barn with them and video their ride. Or, if they have videos on YouTube you can use those. But, be sneaky about what you’re using the video for! Christmas presents are supposed to be surprises after all!
2. Next, go to RateMyRiding.comand check out our selection of coaches. We have coaches in all different disciplines—each with their own perspective and style. If you are overwhelmed or unsure of which coach to choose, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help you select the best coach for your submission.
3. Once you’ve selected a coach, submit your video to RateMyRiding.com. You’ll be prompted to fill out a feedback form about the horse and rider, so fill in what you can. Make sure to explain that this is a present in the additional info box, so the coach knows the information provided is not coming from the rider in the video. You’ll also want to note what you know about the horse and rider and anything in particular the rider is working on.
4. Wait for your evaluation to arrive in your email’s inbox. Be sure to get your video submitted by December 5 so we can guarantee you’ll have your evaluation complete for Christmas.
5. Once you receive the coaching session, get it all ready to go for Christmas. Pair it with a card or even with a more traditional present. Or, you could always slip it into their tack box and surprise them at the barn.
6. Last, watch them “unwrap” their coaching session and enjoy it! Whether your rider is a seasoned competitor, beginner or pleasure rider, it’s always nice to get feedback on your riding (and we’re certain they’ll appreciate a break from the usual tack store items).
For more information on Rate My Riding or for help ordering your coaching session, email us at email@example.com or, to reach a representative by phone, call Dani Moritz at (847) 849 6604.
Merry Christmas to you and your horses from RateMyRiding.com!